Healing At Home, a division of HBTB, is a nationally-recognized program providing skilled, medically necessary and individualized care to homebound patients under physician orders in Sonoma County. We are State licensed and Medicare Certified. Home Health Care is different than private caregivers. We do not come daily or stay for long periods. Our visits are typically 30–45 minutes in length and focus on treatments and teaching. Our goal is to help you and your family throughout your illness and recovery. This may include:
- Nursing to assist you with medication management, wound care or disease management
- Physical or occupational therapy to improve your safety and strength
- Speech therapy for swallowing and speech difficulties
- Medical social work for assessment and referrals
- Certified Home Health Aides for personal care
Serving the Sonoma Area
To access our services, a physician must place an order for skilled, medically-necessary care for a homebound patient with an injury or illness. Services are individualized to meet the patient’s special medical and supportive needs. We are committed to the highest standards in skilled home care.
Our professional health care staff includes registered nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, and home health aides. They provide care to the patient and work with the patient’s family or caregivers to teach them the skills they need to follow a care plan. Our Home health care team emphasizes patient satisfaction in all they do.
While nursing services form the backbone of the program, many other services are coordinated so that patients not requiring acute hospital care can be effectively treated and monitored in the comfort of their homes.
- Skilled assessment and teaching
- Home IV therapy
- Medication management
- Enterostomal therapy
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Nutrition counseling
- Disease management
- Needs assessment, counseling and resources assistance
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Personal care assistance from home health aides
- Workers’ Comp
- Medi-CalVeteran’s Administration
- Private insurance
Our agency will bill the patient’s insurance source directly. The patient or responsible party will receive a bill only when a portion of a bill is not paid by insurance (e.g. deductibles and co-insurance payments). Home health care costs qualify as medical expenses and are tax-deductible, within certain limits, from federal income tax.
To Qualify for Our Home Health Care
- You must require nursing or rehabilitation services,
- You must be homebound,
- You must have the service ordered by your physician.
If you have Medicare insurance, you must be homebound to qualify for our services. This means that it is difficult and taxing for you to leave your home and that you need assistance to do so. Skilled home care services are covered by most insurance.